Re: RC: buying a horse/warning

In a message dated 10/14/99 11:31:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Journeegirl@aol.com writes:

<< so, the risk falls on the buyer, send a check as a deposit to hold the
horse
 pending a vet check, what is my guarantee that the check will not be
 cashed?  First....get a contract.  This is your protection.  If that doesn't
alleviate your concern, your check won't clear for 7-10 days.  Get the vet
check done in that time period.  If the horse fails the exam, cancel the
check.

Is ordering a vetting not enough of a reason to hold the horse for the buyer
paying for it?  What is wrong with the seller wanting the added protection of
a deposit?  This whole situation could have happened in reverse, and the
seller would have been the injured party.

So anyone can order a vet check while the seller sells to a higher
bidder?That is ridiculous!Contract or not, What happened to honesty and
simply taking someone at their word? Won't you be a little more careful with
the next horse you go to purchase?  Maybe this seller had been screwed in the
past?  What happened to doing what is right?

The norm here is to not trust anyone, lie to make a buck and never mind who
gets hurt. Oh and if you don't cross every t and dot every i,  plan on
getting stabbed in the back by a fellow ridecamper.  This is the attitude of
at least half of the people who have e-mailed me today.   >>

I would love to be able to believe everyone who calls me and says, I'm buying
your horse, money is on the way.  Unfortunately, I end up losing sales
because there's no money on the way, and I never hear from this person again.

Christine