Trail Safety

Jean Wonser cpfjean@bellsouth.net
Getting off your horse around a stranger in the wilderness is the
dumbest thing I have heard in a long while.  Whoever
dreamed that up, to be user friendly ,should have their
head examined.  The greatest defense a rider has
against human or animal danger is a fleet horse.

I never let anyone close enough to touch my horse at all.
It is very easy to smile, wave, and keep moving.
If it is somebody you actually want to talk with just keep back
and pay attention to where you can depart .  Actually it
is really better to just keep  moving because
you are a moving target if somebody had a weapon.

Positive thinking is the way to look at safety.
Think through how to handle yourself as a necessary
thing to do ;  it is just like driving on the
right side of the road--just do it and be safe.

happy trails,
Jean Wonser
Florida backwoods country--Gilchrist County

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-