Re[2]: RC: riding in the dark

     Sylvia,

     My question with carrying pepper spray is how do you carry it?  Do you
     attach it to your saddle, or yourself somehow?  Have you done "drills"
     to see how fast you can get it out of where ever in case you needed it
     in a hurry?

     I think pepper spray is a great idea, I'm just having a hard time
     visualizing how it could comfortably be carried without making it too
     hard to get to.

     I think it was Horse Illustrated that did a series on how to be safe
     on the trail.  They were mostly moves to do with the horse to block an
     attacker, which goes back to the sharing trails discussion.  Getting
     down to make the horse less scary to visitors on the trail is a great
     idea as far as PR is concerned, but is a horrible idea as far as
     safety is concerned - I think they brought that up in the article.
     Either that, or Bonnie Prewalski (sp?) mentioned it in her Equitana
     seminar.

     Ya know, it's really, really sad that we have to think about these
     things at all.

     Kenzie & Zane
     Birmingham, AL