next ride season...I hope!

Hi All,

I think it is wonderful to hear about rides here in Oregon.  I know they are out there, but we rarely get to hear stories!  Thanks Toni!

I will give everyone an update... I have a 3 year old Arabian gelding (Armani) that has been in training (to be broke..the learning stage) since April of this year.  I am hoping to have him ready for a few LD rides next season!  He is doing really well.  He is all leg control I hardly have to use the reins at all.  He is still kinda spookey at things, but he is getting better (thanks Lif for the list!).   I have been working him as often as possible on the ground and have been riding him when time permits.  I am hoping that the weather will hold out for us (in Oregon ...yeah, right!) so we can go on our 1st trail ride this weekend!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I am going to go buy a helmet just for this occassion (thanks to all the Ridecamp posts...better to be safe than sorry!).

Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this without a seasoned trail horse around to help?  I know to take it slow and be patient.  I do not have anyone close to go with me, and I don't have a trailer yet...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  You may email me privately so as not to crowd the list!

Thanks,

Jenni

Oregon  :o)

raringhrs.gif