rain rot and not drinking

Hi everyone!  I have a question concerning rain rot. I keep my hoses
pastured, but when it rains, I run over and stable them ,dry them off,
spoil them with hay.. Anyway, my mare got rain rot anyway.  I shampooed her
with this stuff from the vet after the over the counter stuff just cost me
big bucks with no results.  Then I bleached the brushes every time after
use. This was one month ago.  Now it is back FULL force, and the pony has
it too.  They share brushes, but when it popped up, it was simultaneous- no
time to bleach or separate grooming tools.  How can I make this go away for
good?  They are both not fond of 15 minute baths every day with nasty
smelling stuff lathered on them.  Also- does not bathing them defeat the
purpose- they are getting wet again!!  HELP!!!  ( it ahs rained every day
her in Florida--it is muddy and yucky- better then last years drought
though.!!)

Second question- my mare drinks very little during the night- maybe a
gallon.  I can not tell during the day because she is out with the pony and
two other horses.  She eats well, and has a salt lick.  She will not drink
anywhere else even during the day.  I worry about her when I start riding
her hard in two months.  How can I make sure she drinks enough, and
convince her to drink in some other stable, on the trail, etc when we
travel?  She will not even drink in the trailer, when I can load her (we
are working on that loading part slowly..)

Thank you for your time,

Sonya Meeks
meeks zoo
Faith - blue and gold macaw
Sunny- sun conure
3 dogs
3 cats
Lyra- my pride and joy- Arab mare
Yanni -i am only 32 inches tall, but i AM A STALLION!! (not)
~____/>
  //    \\

Kickin' It Screenprinting and Embroidery
407-724-9989
Meeks@palmnet.net