Re: [arab-l] OFFICIAL UPDATE ON DAVID BOGGS SITUATION

Subj:    David Boggs v. IAHA
 Date:   10/04/1999 11:53:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:   barbara.burck@iaha.com (Barbara Burck)
 To: Board@iaha.com (Board), wmiscostonepost@aol.com
 ('wmiscostonepost@aol.com')
 CC: Managers@iaha.com (Managers)

 Ladies and Gentlemen:

 We have been notified by Faegre & Benson that David Boggs filed a
lawsuit against IAHA in the District Court, Arapahoe County, Colorado
on  Friday, October 01, 1999.  We were also given notice that Mr. Boggs
intends to seek a Temporary Restraining Order and/or Preliminary
Injunction.  Attorneys for both parties will meet today with the court
to set the hearing date for the TRO/Preliminary Injunction.  We
anticipate the hearing will happen within the week.

 In addition, you may have heard rumors regarding qualifications of the
Champion mare at the 1999 Canadian Nationals, San Jose Javiera, shown
by  Brad Gallun.  We have received a letter from an attorney, Michael
Streater, who is representing the owners of the Reserve Champion, FS
Mystique Lady, stating their opinion that San Jose Javiera was
 ineligible to compete at the Canadian Nationals. They requested that
IAHA redistribute all trophies, ribbons and prize monies for that
class.   IAHA's position is that San Jose Javiera was eligible to
compete and the  class results stand.

 If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I
will  provide updates as needed or available.

 Barbara Burck

 Subj:    Boggs v. IAHA update