Re: barefoot

Hi Diane, Ridecampers,
Sorry Diane I had been ignoring these slanderous posts but the last one got to
me.
   About shoes I can tell you about my experience. I had Sky who was a black
Arab gelding with hard hooves of steel. I never ever did need to shoe him as
we conditioned mostly along soft river bottom sand. I had planned on shoeing
him for his first Endurance competition. On Maui and as is with most all the
islands you don't ride any horse anywhere without shoes due to the volcanic
terrain. So for me I consider the health of the hoof and the terrain. Also on
Maui our horses always wore Professional Choice leg wraps for tendon support
since lameness was a big problem there.
Sincerely,
Kathleen