Re: barefoot

Hi Diane,
I always use to ride my horses barefoot. We live in a sparsely populated
area and it is very hard to get farriers out here. A couple of years ago
I started getting into endurance riding, so as I increased my level of
riding, I was worried about riding the hooves off of my horses, so I to
trailer my horses to a farrier. I seem a lot more problems with my
horses hooves, such as cracks and chipping. They were not as healthy.
Plus one particular gelding started to have more of a problem with
tripping. Now that I have left his hooves alone, he know longer trips. i
have also noticed that since I have started to leave his front feet more
square and not trimmed round that he does not trip or stumble at all.
Has anyone else noticed this in their horses? Please respond

I now am going to try leaving them barefoot and using easy boots when I
ride.

Lynette