Re: Horse killers--plea bargain???

I wouldn't get too worked up about this for a couple of reasons.  There
are several private groups who have volunteered to help Storey County
financially with the prosecution. Also, Washoe County Sheriff's
Department has been providing a tremendous amount of manpower and other
support.  I am sure that the best course of action will be taken and in
the end money will not play a particularly large role in the decision.

Also, a plea bargain is not necessarily a bad thing... better to do that
than end up having them found not guilty by a jury and there be no
consequences what-so-ever.  We don't know what the evidence against them
is and therefore shouldn't second-guess from the outside what the best
course of action is.

I am confident that given the really sick nature of the crime and the
national attention it has received, Storey County will do it's best to
bring the full weight of the law to bear on these individuals.
Incidently, many groups are also pressing for the Marine Corps to
initiate a separate action against the two Marines.  This isn't even
close to over.  The manpower and effort that went into investigating
this case was astonishing.  No one, least of all Storey or Washoe County
Sheriff's Departments, will want these guys prosecuted to anything less
than the full extent of the law.

--
Kirsten Price
Vermilion Desert Ranch