Re: Winter toys?

I always have free choice minerals and loose salt in the pasture and I do not
find the horses chew on the wood rails very often. They have never chewed on
the vehicles and in the summer I have the yard fenced (5 acres) so they are my
lawn mowers and are in with the cars trucks and horse trailers.

My one wood chewer is my arab stallion and he does it out of boredom I
believe. I find that if I soak the rails with tabasco sauce, he leaves them
alone for at least 2 months unless it rains lots.

Jerald Thiessen
Sandhaven Saddlebreds