Re: Winter toys?

In a message dated 1/27/99 1:43:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<<  However, if we buy a board from the lumber store &
 leave it where a horse can get it, it immediately becomes the chewey of
 choice.  Car & truck antennas & moldings seem quite popular as well.
 The exception to non-horsey cheweys is tack, of course.  That's really
 attractive to horses.  >>

I'm sure many of you have already discovered this, but NEVER, NEVER leave a
car or truck unattended out in a pasture with horses, even for a short time.
You will come back to find paint stripped from the hood (in particular) and
deep tooth marks in the metal.  We always thought maybe the horses were
getting salt (we live near the ocean), even though they have salt blocks.  Or
perhaps it's just fun for them, but it's horribly destructive to the vehicle.
A word to the wise....

Barbara