Re: one more lesson learned....comments.....and another comment

In a message dated 1/28/99 12:36:16 PM EST, Dbeverly4 writes:

<<
 Leigh,  No fair saying DAH to me when I posted my admission to having done
something stupid.  (I was almost out the door to go riding when this occurred
to me) That was the point of the posts, that we all make mistakes.  Also, I
think I get some slack here, I had just ridden all 5 days of the Outlaw ride
and my brain was a little fuzzy.  Still don't like those slant load trailers.
Although there was a good post with helpful instructions on how to safely load
a horse into a slant load.  I wonder how many people actually do it that way.

 Sylvia

You're right, it was not fair.  I re-read my post several hours after posting
it and realized how rightous it sounded.  I have already posted again about
it, saying that we all do make mistakes and that I didn't mean to sound
rightous.  Here is my public apology to you personallly and on Ridecamp.  The
point I was really trying to make was that it wasn't the slant load's fault,
all trailers are dangerous really.  It's in how we use them that can make them
safer. BTW, I too have seen many slant loads that were made with all kinds of
finger traps, springs to catch clothes, etc.  Not made well at all.  When
searching for a trailer, we all need to keep these things in mind.  My own
slant load would be perfect if I had drop down windows instead of slats.
Again, I'm really sorry, I could write for days about thoughtless/careless
things I've done.
Leigh