Re: one more lesson learned....comments.....and another comment

In a message dated 1/28/99 8:10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4 writes:

<<
 << back, but if he decides to come on back, at least he's not tied.  I think
it
  is very important to NEVER OPEN THE BACK DOOR OF THE TRAILER WITH YOUR HORSE
  STILL TIED, NOT EVEN WITH A BUTT BAR OR CHAIN.  I've seen several horses get
  badly hurt going under the butt bar/chain once the door was open.  Anyway,
  don't blame the slant load for your mistake, you just didn't think thru all
  your options.
  Leigh >>

Leigh,  No fair saying DAH to me when I posted my admission to having done
something stupid.  (I was almost out the door to go riding when this occurred
to me) That was the point of the posts, that we all make mistakes.  Also, I
think I get some slack here, I had just ridden all 5 days of the Outlaw ride
and my brain was a little fuzzy.  Still don't like those slant load trailers.
Although there was a good post with helpful instructions on how to safely load
a horse into a slant load.  I wonder how many people actually do it that way.

Sylvia