Stupidest thing......

Okay I'll join in, but after all, it was a tough decision on which "stupid"
thing to send in.

A friend asked me to help her catch her problem mare.  I saddled up my QH and
headed out in the 70 acre pasture.  After much doging and weaving, we cornered
the mare in a corner of the pasture.  Boogie sidled up to her and I slipped a
rope around her neck.  She stands quietly.  Instead of waiting for her owner
to show up, I decide to pony her back to the barn.  BIG MISTAKE.  The mare
freaks and gets tangled in my reins, and heads out, spinning my QH on his
heels.  We are dangerously close to a barbed wire fence and I see my life
flashing before my eyes.  And of course,it all happens in a blink of the eye.
For the first time in my riding career I decide to bail off.  As I swing my
leg over, the mare whips around the back of Boogie and slams into me in mid
air.  I crash to the ground in a heap.  The mare books out, rope in tow.
Boogie completes his spin and ends up with his rump in a barbed wire fence.
And this is when I knew we were buds for life.....every instinct in that
horses body said "run, get away" but in order for him to do that he would have
to run over me.  He planted his feet and stood his ground.  When I struggled
to my feet, using his leg and a stirrup I could hardly move from the pain in
my back.  I asked him to move forward and heard the fence snap back.  It had
been imbedded in his rump the whole time ! ! !  He had blood running down his
back legs.  Thank God there was no serious injury to him.

I love that horse and yes he does endurance too !