Re: one more lesson learned....comments.....

In a message dated 1/28/99 5:44:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, Leigh331@aol.com
writes:

<< back, but if he decides to come on back, at least he's not tied.  I think
it
 is very important to NEVER OPEN THE BACK DOOR OF THE TRAILER WITH YOUR HORSE
 STILL TIED, NOT EVEN WITH A BUTT BAR OR CHAIN.  I've seen several horses get
 badly hurt going under the butt bar/chain once the door was open.  Anyway,
 don't blame the slant load for your mistake, you just didn't think thru all
 your options.
 Leigh

Leigh, good point.  However, in MOST of the slant load trailers that I've been
involved with (belonging to friends) i would have to be an Olympic class
gymnast to untie the horses WITHOUT opening that back door.  (Sigh) I'm no
longer as flexible as I once was and I just can't fit through those skinny
little windows along the top portion of the trailer.  As far as thinking
through all my options, unfortunately, I'm human and we're kind of famous for
making mistakes now and then.

Sylvia