Re: Breeds @ WEC by Michele

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Steve Shaw wrote:

> criollos, if you consider an Argentinian grade horse to be a criollo. I
> don't believe they were what we would call the Criollo breed, though.

There is an official registry in Argentina for the Criollo , which is
their "native pony"

Sufridor, the only horse that did the entire Ride Across the Americas
(Tierra del Fuego to the North Slope of Alaska) is a registered
Argentinian Criollo.

He is on his way to becoming a national hero :).

kat
Orange County, Calif.