hackamores and bosels/vosels

Hi All,
This has been brought up before, but, although I have been with horses for
years, I don't have any experience with hackamores/bosels/vosels. I have used
a hackamore on my horse twice and he did fine. But I really like the idea of a
bosel. Dude is a good horse and responds very well to my cues. A friend of
mine mentioned a vosel?? she said it is like a bosel, but broken. Does anybody
have any experience with these? I read in the archieves that the bosel can
cause rubbing on the jaws and nose of the horse, does a vosel do the same?
Thank in advanced. And you can email me privately with answers if you wish.
Margi & Dude (cool! no more bit?!)