Re: Helmets

I have unintentionally left my helmet on while untacking & wiping down my horse after a sweaty ride. I have saved myself a couple lumps on the head when he has knocked me with his head.  Now I leave the helmet on intentionally, and after reading this post I think I will put the helmet on first!  My troxel is so light I don't even notice I'm wearing it , although I have always worn a helmet so maybe I am preconditioned.

Connie

At 09:18 AM 1/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I am glad to hear that your husband is ok. I have often thought that
>wearing a helmet any time you are around horses would be a good idea. It
>only takes one time without one to possibly never have to worry about it
>again.
>
>Linda Parrish (who thinks about things, but is a long time in acting on
>those thoughts!)
>Kennard, TX
>
>Quentin Llop wrote:
>>
>> Any color helmet will save your life, if you wear it. Last week my husband
>> was catching
>> his horse in the pasture, He had put the halter on and reached in his pocket
>> to give him a
>> handful of corn when he heard a noise and turned to look. A jealous horse
>> kicked him in
>> the temple! Habitually in the winter he wears an old white International
>> Prolite with
>> packing tape over the vents and a wool hat inside. The helmet is trashed.
>>  Libby & Quentin- alive and well in Western NY

Connie DeJong
Villa Montagne Equestrian B&B
28495 Big Basin Way
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
(831) 338-2174 (voice & fax)

The best kept secret located in the Redwood Forest of the Santa Cruz Mountains
on the Skyline to the Sea trail.