Re: Endurance horse prices 1999

Over the years we have been blessed with lots of information on what the
best endurance horse qualities are  --  these include things like
certain conformation, muscle fibers, temperament, pedigree, etc., lots
more.  As I understand the science of it, race horses, show horses, etc,
don't generally have this *specific* combination of qualities, because
these qualities are not what is perfect for their sport!.  Thus I
conclude you cannot reasonably expect to find these good endurance horse
qualities by looking to horses from other disciplines, or to horses that
don't fit in anywhere else.

My point is and has been that if there is a rock bottom cost to produce
something and no one will pay even that, then NO ONE WILL MAKE THE
PRODUCT ANY MORE.  So, I have been trying to find out by asking this
question over and over, is this what the endurance community really
wants to happen, that no one will want to or could afford to breed
endurance horses any more?

I feel I now understand that the bulk of the endurance community at this
time is content to not support endurance horse breeders.  I will be
curious to see where the sport goes from here.  I have to say that I am
pretty tired of this thread by now, so nuff said!  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
   Arabian Horses * Nutrition for People & Critters * WebArt