Winter toys?

>Just curious what everyone else has to entertain their horses in the =
>winter.   They're starting to act like beavers with my fences...  need =
>some ideas!,

Boy you aren't kidding! When they get bored and there is a wood fence -
watch out!

We had to finally put up a hotwire year before last - and guess what - it
is WONDERFUL!

Another fringe benefit of having the hotwire - the horses seem to keep
their distance all the time from the fence.  They seem to be showing up
less frequently with scratches, scrapes and boo-boos. :)

Before the hot wire I tried everything.  We painted the fence with cayenne
pepper - used that 'no chew' stuff.  I bought them a horse ball (which they
mostly threw over the fence each day)...even hung gallon containers (empty)
in their stalls.  Tried to make their days less boring - took them for
walks with our dogs (in the winter,when the trails are not suitable for
doing much riding), free-longed them (when the footing permitted).

Yep, that hot wire sure is nice :).

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver...who gets bored very quickly
& Rocky