Re: maybe we should talk about helmets for a while...

At 08:08 AM 1/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I bet they were cheaper than the "horsey" helmets, too.  What would be the
>reason you couldn't buy one (and save some money, too)?
>Maggie

I think it's better to use a helmet specifically certified for use in the
sport that you intend to use it.  The bike helmets mainly cover the top of
your head, leaving quite a bit of the bottom part exposed.  I would think
it better than nothing, should you actually fall off and land on your head
- but on the other hand - if you are going to bother wearing a helmet, why
not wear on that protects your entire head?

Guess I'll look at the convention and see if any of the new colors are
actually small enough.  A few years back I could only find Troxell in a
size small enough, and it still floats all over my head (contrary to what
some of you may think, I actually have a small head) <bg>

Happy Trails,

Karen