1) want Sp. Sad; 2) A-Betta rehab? 3) Softrider rehab?

1) Friend of mine (not on line) wants a 15" used Sports Saddle for use on
various horses.  If you know of one available, please reply.

2) I look at A-Betta every chance because I itch for opportunity to point
out the danger of trying one out like I had gotten.  It had all the screw
points and staples sticking out through the tree and hiding in the padding
on the horse side.  I must say that, after writing a nasty letter to go back
with the order, I haven't felt any like that since then in stores.  The only
thing I've felt is large lumps underneath that correspond to the bulk where
the stirrups and girth attach, when I run my hand along the bar from pommel
to cantle.

If you live with one, how?  Dissatisfied fellows that sympathized w/ my
outrage a few yrs ago, don't waste keyboard/time telling again.  I remember
people telling me about how some repair shops refused to fix them.

I guess I want to hear from those who've broken them in and think they're
ok.  It's because two more newbies asked me about them since then.  Do they
work?  These lumps can't feel comfortable after many miles!  Do you check
after each ride for soreness?  Do you use a thick pad?  Do the lumps smash
flat after a couple uses?  Maybe it is more of a dip on each side of the
lump than the lump itself that feels like it would be uncomfortable.

The intriguing thing is--the company has had opportunities to do a couple
quick fixes to design based on customer feedback, but the product still
seems unacceptable to me.  Cheap, lightweight and seemingly
maintenance-free.  No wonder those just starting out in limited distance
want to try them.  Let me know what kind of repairs.  A retailer by New
Holland gets them to repair sometimes, but the salesperson didn't know what
kind of repairs are common.

3) Did Softrider finish re-designing?  How is it?

Pardon dredging subject back up, I just re-subbed after months away.  I'll
check archives when they get posted.
B Brickson
Are you in SE PA?  Let's go riding!