heel pain

My husband was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis.  His doctor sent
him to another doctor (what are these guys called?) who fitted him with an
insert for his shoes.  It's like an insole with a rather high arch. He wears
them to work (standing all day on a hard floor) and puts them in his "play"
shoes on his days off.  This has completely fixed his problem.  Oh, he also
walks for exercise and had gotten so bad that he could not walk hardly at
all (he's not a whiner, but he was complaining about his heel before he got
the inserts).  My advice? Go to your doctor, or a foot doctor.  This is a
common ailment and can be easily fixed in many cases.