Orange Horse Pee

By shear happenstance I found out a little about the red/orange horse pee
stains in the snow.  Yesterday when I got back from a training ride Ranger
peed at the tie post in the new snow.  As is our habit I looked at it and it
was normal light yellow.  Today when I got back from my ride, he pawed
through last nights snow and low and behold yesterdays pee was red/orange!!
Under the right circumstances normal horse pee in snow does turn orange.  I
guess we will have to warn the kids not to eat both the yellow and orange
snow.
Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016