Re: swelling in stifle

Hutch,

My cents, can you wait to see if the swelling goes away before you buy the 4
yr old?
Is the 4 yr old broke, has he been ridden much?  Seems a bit strange for a
youngster to have swelling.  Maybe you could lease the horse with option to
purchase?  Perhaps an endurance rider in your area needs someone to help
condition/campaign one of their horses.  Last yr I had 2 friends
condition/compete my mare while I rode her son.  They split the cost of
keeping her in shoes & each paid for the rides they competed in.  If I went
out of town, they took care of the horses.  I think it worked out well for all
concerned.  That would buy you some time to continue looking around, but still
allow you the fun of riding.

Good luck!!

Nancy