Fwd: Best places for trail riders

In a message dated 1/23/99 9:51:18 PM EST, karlar@flash.net writes:

<<  Although we Ride Campers are shy about expressing our opinions, I hope
some of us will be willing to talk about the riding benefits of favorite
locales.

OK, here's it....Centerville, NC   a town that is not even a dot on the local
maps!  100's of miles of trails, lots of horsey folks, average winter time
temps of 50's, lows in winter hardly ever below 25 F.  Summer rarely goes to
100.  The humidity can be rough at times.  We have beaches and mountains
within a few hours' haul.  We have snow about every other year.  We have the
NCSU vet school within 1 hour of Centerville.  Hunt Horse Complex in Raleigh,
NC within 1 hour.  I don't live in Centerville, but know many that do and I
haul over and ride the most beautiful wooded trails I've ever seen.
Leigh

---- Begin included message ----
Dear Rick,
  So what makes Colorado so great and so much better than California?  I've
been wondering if there is a "best place in the US" to live for those of us
who love to ride a variety of challenging trails, with reasonable weather, and
enough AERC rides to keep us content at least most of the year.
  Although we Ride Campers are shy about expressing our opinions, I hope some
of us will be willing to talk about the riding benefits of favorite locales.
My area, for instance, has about 10 great public parks offering great
conditioning within an hour's drive.  And our weather is pretty good 9-10
months of the year.  But the urban sprawl and the freeway traffic in the East
Bay are really horrendous.  We're also lucky to have several well run
endurance rides within less than an hour's drive.
  What's it like where you are?
Karen Schwartz
Livermore, CA

--------------------
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Dear Rick,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp; So what makes Colorado so great and so
much better than California?&nbsp; I've been wondering if there is a
&quot;best
place in the US&quot; to live for those of us who love to ride a variety of
challenging trails, with reasonable weather, and enough AERC rides to keep us
content at least most of the year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp; Although we Ride Campers are shy about
expressing our opinions, I hope some of us will be willing to talk about the
riding benefits of favorite locales.&nbsp; My area, for instance, has about 10
great public parks offering great conditioning within an hour's drive.&nbsp;
And
our weather is pretty good 9-10 months of the year.&nbsp; But the urban sprawl
and the freeway traffic in the East Bay are really horrendous.&nbsp; We're
also
lucky to have several well run endurance rides within less than an hour's
drive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp; What's it like where you are?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Karen Schwartz</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Livermore, CA</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

---- End included message ----