How Arabs are advertised

I agree with Jan's statement the Arab's for sale are undertrained.  One time Susan G.  made a statement about the relationship between real height a and actual height.  She made several correlations.  I made have remembered her sizes wrong but it was something like a horse is advertised at 15 hh, it is 14.2 hh.  The same is true of training.  6 months training by a professional means green broke with probably a months of actual riding (all in an arena).  Green broke means you can get a halter on.   And everything between.
    I hope too many get don't get affended, but the joke has always been that when a 40+ yr. woman finally gets her first horse, it is an green broke Arab with an english saddle.  Any body around horses long can probably imagine the scenario.  Nature balance for a beginning rider at that age is not always easily acquired, let alone instincts you develop when having riding a long time, that keep you out of trouble(hopefully).

Just some added thoughts on the subject.

Gail 7 Shaq
www.hought.com
hought@humboldt1.com