RE: purchasing an endurance horse(long)

>I talked to people on this list with horses for sale but , as I can well
>understand,  many wanted top competitors to buy their animals and that's
>not me.

Whoa Nellie!  You mean to tell me that I wouldn't be sold a horse bred by
some people because I'm not a top competitor?  I have many years of horse
experience and education...and I teach classical basics, horsemanship, and
trail.  I own a stable that has a very good reputation for caring for
horses and one of my big interests in my life has been exercise physiology.
 I've just added endurance to my life and, like anything I take on, I study
like a fiend.  If I find one of "those" horses and it's the perfect horse
for me, I couldn't buy it???

I will be looking for a horse this next year for myself since I'm riding
one now that is a good schooling horse and is doing very well in his
endurance training.  I would like him to be a schooling horse on the trail
also.  I've gotten him from green-as-grass to handling the mountain
foothills pretty well this last year...including drinking out of creeks
(the very same ones that he freaked at 9 months ago.)  I've trained several
horses to trail and thought nothing of riding for several hours...just
because. <g>  But, since I just recently got interested in endurance as a
discipline, I'm not a top competitor.  (BTW, I can't seriously start
looking until I have an empty stall since the horses are all pastured
during the day but come in at night.  Pasture only is not an option
here...my choice. ;-))

I find this snobbery a bit disturbing.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com