Re: Endurance Horses

Excellent point, Ruth.  I love my gelding to death (originally purchased him
as a 4 yo, had to sell him and was able to buy him back a couple years ago!)
and we enjoy our youngsters that need to be started under saddle and have a
ways to go, but there is nothing like starting with a baby, preferably from
birth or weanling, and being the one to teach him and guide him and love
him.... they are a far different horse than the one purchased which you know
nothing or very little about.  They are "tuned" to you in a way that doesn't
always happen (notice I didn't say never!) when you start with an older
horse.  I am having a ball with my weanling and the bond is already so
strong, he is the horse that I can imagine myself someday taking to the "big"
rides!!  :)  Good luck with yours, Ruth!
Take care!
Maggie