Jim Oury

In a message dated 9/29/99 12:00:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
levinson1@juno.com writes:

<< I really try to use my license to
 practice law to help people and I get irked by comments like Howard's.
 Lawyer jokes are one thing, but the desire to exclude lawyers from rides
 and certain groups needs to be addressed, just as any other prejudice
 should be addressed. >>

Rhonda:

My response is "the only thing worse than a lawyer is an ex-wife who hires
one."

Haha, just kidding, although that is one of the reasons I don't like lawyers.
 When I said let's leave the lawyers off of our trails I was talking about a
mindset.  I meant if any accident happens during an endurance ride we (the
riders) should promise not to sue anyone.  NO MATTER WHAT.

I was not trying to exclude the endurance riders, who happen to also be
attorneys.  And I wish you guys would stop with the death threats, or I'm
going to have to sue you.  (That's a joke Rhonda).  I would never try and
exclude anyone from endurance.  Any group that accepts me as a member will
accept anyone (hmmm, I should probably reword that).

As riders, I do believe we all sign a disclaimer at each ride that basically
says we will not sue management as a result of an injury or accident.  But
not everyone in attendance signs this.  And I don't think Jim signed one
since he wasn't riding.  But from what I understand, Jim loves the sport and
would never consider litigation.  I'm just trying to say I agree with him
totally.

So Rhonda, if you ever knock me off my high horse (he really is tall) and run
me over out on the trail, I promise not to take you to court for it.  But,
hey, I doubt if you could catch me.  And, please, turn off your cell phone.

cya,
Howard