Re: RC: Padron lines for endurance?

Mary
I have a Padrone son named Padre out of a Bask daughter.  When I did endurance on him he did very well top 10 on a lot of multi day rides 1 win and 1 BC.  He was bred to be a park horse and had a lot of action and was hard to post to in an extended trot but boy oh boy could that horse gallop.  He hated the ring but loved the trail.  He is a very smart horse and had great ground manners but was a real handful at the start of a ride.  Padre is a true 15.3 hh, I baught him sight unseen on his pedregree alone and was never dissapointed.  He is now 18 years young, and hasn't done a ride for 4 years.  My disicision not his, he is still sound and healthy.  I am a heavyweight rider and he never had a problem carring me.  If you have a chance to purchace a Padron son or daughter I would certenley consider this horse to be a great endurance prospect.
Corky Young

Rick Forrester wrote:

 From Mary Forrester...  I should have been more specific. I want to know if Padron lines are good for endurance. So far I have info that says most of them are in the show ring, and a few on the track. Anyone?