Re: Today Show

I thought ridecampers might like to hear about a response from a non-horse
person on the Today Show segment.  Yesterday at work I was a speaker at a
meeting that was a kick-off for the new season for the agricultural
commodity that my company sells.  This meeting included personel from
processing companies that we deal with.  All speakers were introduced with
educational, family and hobby info. You know, typical bio details.  When I
was introduced, my hobby was mentioned as endurance riding with the brief
explanation that it was riding a horse 50 miles within 12 hours or 100 miles
within 24 hours.  After the presentations were completed someone came up to
me and said she had seen the Today Show segment on endurance riding and was
excited to know someone who participated in that sport.  She had never heard
of it before and thought it was neat that she knew someone who was an
endurance rider.  I think this is the benefit of a segment like the Today
Show included.  This person isn't going to go out and start endurance riding
but it informed her about our little known sport.   Most segments on morning
talk shows are fluff and tend to be teasers that might peak someone's
interest.  For the non endurance rider it was a learning experience about a
little know sport.
We should be grateful for whatever positive national exposure we get even if
it is not as thorough as we would like to see.

Marci Cunningham
Bakersfield CA