Region 17 ride

Hi there,

I've been waiting to see if that woman was ok, that was quite the damper
on an otherwise perfect ride. I have finally decided to wear a helmet as
well. But since I have now changed to an English saddle and look 'geeky'
any ways (no more jeans and cowboy hat) I suppose it doesn't matter. But
I'm sure I'll look quite 'distinguishable' soon as I keep collecting
orange biothane tack from Paddi and will soon even have orange saddlebum
tights. I figure I may as well go all the way (plus a horse got shot out
from under a rider last fall where I ride).

I also did my first 75 mile CTR (the Region 17 Sweepstakes ride) on
Dhanny (which is the horse that broke his neck last December - I had
e-mailed for help, and got lots of good responses). I'm looking forward
to training him for endurance riding next year.

I have met the best people over the last year doing endurance and CTRs.
And also learned an amazing amount! The ride that Dr. Dowling puts on
for the vet students in Sask. is just amazing. I would have paid big
bucks for all that vet advice at home!!

It was really neat meeting people at the Pan Ams who I knew from this
list. Distance riders are a great community of people - I'm definitely
hooked on the sport!

Kerri-Jo (and Dhanny & Delight)

http://DeepRelief.com