Re: Fw: you bet I ride QH

Hang in there with those quarter horses.  Sounds like you have some good athletic breeding.   When I first started endurance riding back in the  late 70's, Tracy Slater rode her quarter horse mare "RED" and became the national champion.  Becoming national champion back then meant lots of trailer miles as well as competition miles.  Fewer rides and further to go.   Red was a smallish  mare with a roached mane and worked cows for a living and raced endurance races on her days off!!! Good luck and happy trails on those 1/4 horses.             gesa n clovis (the mule)
-----Original Message-----
From: janetb <jlbenke@atnet.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Friday, September 10, 1999 10:23 PM
Subject: RC: Fw: you bet I ride QH

-----Original Message-----
From: janetb <jlbenke@atnet.net>
To: RockingB@worldnet.att.net <RockingB@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Friday, September 10, 1999 10:24 PM
Subject: you bet I ride QH

Have I already written you in response to another ridecamp?  I am behind, and going from most recent to oldest.  So, perhaps I have already told you that I have been riding quarter horses for the past twenty years.  Endurance riding began six years ago on an ten year old quarter horse cutting bred mare.  She loved it!!  We FINALLY found something we could both do.

Now I ride her half brother (17 years now), am developing the mare's filly who is six, and have a yearling out of her for the future.

These are Hollywood Gold, Peppy San bred horses.  The gelding is TB Bold Ruler a few generations back on the top side, going to running quarter horses.

I am interested in endurance riding because it is what I like to do with my quarter horses.  I want the horses I have and I want to do the riding I enjoy with them.  We may not be in the top ten now, but we are now working on the 50 mile rides rather than the LD 25s, taking it quite slowly with some set backs and some advances.

janetb