No Subject

I just got a call from Lud up at the Cutter Water Stop at 52 miles;
 the first three horses just went through:

08	DAVID	JENKINS	DANCER
11	GODFREY	SULLIVAN	S E BLUE MAX
68	KATHY THOMPSON	L S ZANE GREY+//

Number 12 Laurie Ledbetter, must have dropped back.

It's HOT out there!!! In the upper 90's at 2100 feet, overlooking the ocean.
It's okay in the shade, but a scorcher out on the white shale that covers much
of the ridgeline on the northwestern sections of trail.

Lud could see the fog sitting on the coast to the south, near
base camp, which would explain the 25+ degree difference in temperature. I'm
deep in a canyon, surrounded by towering redwoods,
and my thermometer just hit 70 degrees, with a sweet breeze blowing through
camp.

-- Linda

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-