Why I've always loved Endurance

I think I'm going to just skip the confusing dialogue about a National
Endurance Champion<G>  It is beyond my ken.

Here is what has always made me want to do this sport.  The miles and
the concept of top tens and best conditions, the vet chechs, and the
motto to finish is to win.

I admire people who can do thousands of miles of competition with the
same horse staying sound and willing.  I admire those who consistantly
top ten and best condition. Actually, I admire those people who win best
conditions regularly the absolute most, I love the idea of that award.

Lots of miles of top ten may or may not be possible for me, but lots of
miles over time WILL be possible for me<G>  Not that I won't eventually
want to try to make the top ten and best condition awards:-)

But I also have a hope that my children and I will eventually put
together a set of horses who can travel well together, and then see if
we cannot do lots of miles will our family team all finishing together
as well. Now THAT would be great.

I keep getting asked why I want to do Endurance and not Competetive
Trail, the answer is I just have always liked Endurance and if given a
choice, that is the way I will go.  But just like I doubt I'll ever win
a race and think that miles done well are just as good; some like the
judging of the Competetive Trail and so to each his own.

I just wanted to share a total novice, wanna-be's view of the sport<G>
I think all the different awards are good to have.

--
Karla and her foxtrotters