Is fat supplement making my horse sluggish?

Kristi iluvdez@yahoo.com
I recently bought a a 9 yoa arab gelding for 50's. He was pretty
hyper when I got him - didn't know how to stand still, etc...since
bringing him home, he's calmed down considerably,and I assumed it
was my training (ha ha). He's underweight (15'3, 900 lbs), so I'm
trying to get some weight on him and have been giving him a powdered
fat supplement (Fuel Formula). I assumed the added fat would put weight
on him without making him wired again. THE PROBLEM: It's been five
weeks since I got him and he hasn't put on a pound PLUS he's gotten
really sluggish on the trail (used to walk about 7 MPH, now can barely
do 4 MPH, and would rather canter than doing the wonderful trot he had
when I brought him home). Is all the fat making him sluggish? And if so,
how the heck do I get weight on him??!!  Kristi

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-