DRAFT ORDINANCE>Auburn, Cool, Greenwood, Pilot Hill, Georgetown,

Hi Folks: I have just received this DRAFT (SEE BELOW)  from the Georgetown
Divide Public Utility District. I shall be composing some changes to the
wording in this Ordinance for Discussion with the District later today or
tomorrow morning.

Any and all are invited by the District to comment, if any additional
information is needed, I have attached all that I have.

If anyone needs addition information E-Mail to " trails@jps.net "

phone is 530-823-1662, fax is 530-823-3137.

thanks for your time. steven proe

The Phone # for GDPUD is 1-530-333-4356

Fax is - 1-530-333-9442

The offices of GDPUD are located approximately 3/4 miles up country from
Main Street in Georgetown also known as Wentworth Springs Road.

The Mailing address for the

Georgetown Divide Public Utility District

 is  P.O. Box 4240

Georgetown, California 95634

This is the Fax I have received:

( Dear Ladies and Gentlemen)

Attached 18 a Draft of the Access Policy which staff is proposing for
discussion and, ultimately, submittal to the GDPUD Board of Directors. The
purpose of the policy is to establish a procedure by which members of the
public can safely access District facilities and operations, We hope the
explicit language of paragraph 4 will allay concerns regarding recreational
of use District facilities,

I look forward to seeing you at 3-00 p.m. Thursday, August 1-9 at the
District office for further discussion. If you can't be there, please feel
free to call or write me with your comments.

Sincerely, Marie E. Davis

General Manager

"DRAFT"

ORDINANCE 99-02

AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF

GEORGETOWN DIVIDE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT

ESTABLISHING PROCEDURES FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS

DISTRICT PROPERTY

BE IT ENACTED by the Board of Directors of the GEORGETOWN DIVIDE PUBLIC
UTILITY DISTRICT ("District)" as follows:

I . The District encourages the public to become more knowledgeable
concerning the District facilities, and to loam more about the operations of
the District- However, the District also realizes that the safety of the
public and of the District facilities is put at risk when the public enters
upon the District facilities without proper supervision.

2. The District operates the Stumpy Meadows Reservoir, water storage
facilities, an extensive canal system, a water distribution system, water
treatment plants, a Community Disposal System in Auburn Lake Trails, and
related facilities.

3. In order to insure that the District's efforts to provide a reliable
source of water to the residents of the District is not unnecessarily
interrupted and to prevent injuries to the public when accessing District
facilities and properties, it is necessary to control access to District
property as herein provided.

4. It is not the intent of the Board of Directors of Georgetown Divide
Public Utility District to prohibit legal recreational use of District
facilities.

5. Except for legal recreational uses of District facilities, no
unauthorized person shall enter upon the property of the District without
the prior approval of the General Manager, or his/her designee, of the
District. The property of the District includes reservoirs, water treatment
plants, pipes, flumes, canals, trenches, ditches, the Community Disposal
System at Auburn Lake Trails, and related facilities or operations. Any
person wishing to observe, inspect or tour District facilities or operations
shall, at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance, make an appointment to do
so by contacting the General Manager, or his/her designee, at (530)
333-4356. It is in the discretion of the General Manager or designee whether
to grant an appointment to any individual wishing to enter upon District
property.

6- Due to potential injury to any unauthorized person at a construction job
site, no unauthorized person shall enter any construction job site of the
District. Any unauthorized person who wishes to enter upon a construction
job site shall, at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance, make an
appointment to do so by contacting the General Manager, or his/her designee,
at (530) 333-4356, it is in the discretion of the General Manager or
designee whether to grant an appointment to any individual to enter any
construction job site of the District.

PASSED AND ADOPTED At a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of

The GEORGETOWN DIVIDE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT on the ?, 1999, by the

following vote: