Ride Around the World-long

Sandy Rovane buytheline@softcom.net
On Monday August 9, I met the most delightful man and his horse,  Manfred Schulze and Pushkin.  This man is in the process of riding his horses around the world.  The whole story can be read at http://www.94517.com/schulze.html      Along with Manfred I also met Geroge Cardinet, Mr. Trails, Emeritus.  I have hosted Manfred and Pushkin at my house and have ridden with him for three days.  I will ride tomorrow and Sunday and we should reach the half-way point of the Tevis trail into Nevada by Monday. He started in the United States at Pt Reyes.

I want a special thanks to Danny Finnegan who shoed Pushkin on Wednesday and to thank his clients who he put off for a couple of hours to put shoes on Pushkin as the United states was wearing hard on his feet.  1750 mile barefoot before he got here. I called 20 shoers befor Peggy Christenson contact Danny and he was here in one hour.  Loomis area riders hello.   Anyway guys,  I think we could as a group of Americans could offer him some financial support. This trip is totally to date funded by him and his wife.  Check the internet and see if you might be interested.  George will be seeing him in Carson City on August 18 and any financial or product support could be sent to Geroge at Herqtage Trails Foundation, 1350 Castle Roack Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94598.  He loves stickers from companies and is putting them on the van and trailer.  What advertising. This van and trailer are photographed and networked in every town he goes through.  He is a major sponsors dream.  Also anyone wishing to help him along in his trip could contact me and I will supply his cell phone # for you to make direct arrangements with Manfred.  This is one of the most delightful weeks I have had riding.  He is pleasant, not demanding and most appreciative of anything you could do to offer him help on this journey.  This is the last leg before he returns to Germany to end the trip in his home country.  He is in need of drivers and riders.  He has his own rig which he likes to sleep in and is as I said before just a fun, funny, witty gentleman who you will fall in love with.  He is needing help crossing Nevada, Utah and hopes to make it to Colorado by winter.  He travels about 30+ miles in a day.  Walking and some trotting.  Pushkin is currently making every day as Panca found herself a boyfriend in Mongolia and presented Manfred with a son here in the United States is currently taking care of the man child.  They are currently being stabled in Carson City.   Manfred is very much looking forward to meeting up with them again in a few weeks.  These horses are of Hucul breeding.  I have fallen in love with Pushkin and am not looking forward to saying goodby.  Any help or financial support you could offer Manfred would be much appreciated.  He is a very proud man and will not ask for money but we can and should help him through our country, if only to offer rider support, housing and our best wishes for him along the way.  If you every think you are doing endurance I think this is the man who is enduring.

Sandy Rovane  916-682-4542
Elk Grove, California
11760 Cresthill Dr.  95624

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-