No Subject

This is the story on the  $1000 reward offered for the return of Brian’s lost
horse.  The original idea was Nancy Elliott's when she returned from being an
FEI veterinarian in Manitoba. She called me and I  said she thought a reward
might get more people out and keep them out there hunting longer. I  told I
would pursue the issue.  In talking to others, it was decided that,  since
time was of the essence, we did not have the opportunity to  wait around to
collect a lot of donations, but the money needed to be  offered immediately.
So Bob and I guaranteed the amount, knowing full well that Brian’s friends
would chip in and we would never be out  very much.  If you know Brian, you
also know why people gathered around him  so quickly to help.  Brian is a
member of the Quicksilver Endurance Riders and he has twice served as our
president  and was chairman of last year’s Annual Quicksilver Fall Classic.
Brian is also a team player who has demonstrated repeatedly his willingness
and his enthusiasm in helping others  on the trail, or, if he is not riding,
crewing for one and all.

At this time, Thursday evening,  $400 of the committed $1,000 has been
pledged. Anyone wanting to be a part of this effort, can call me at
831-335-5933 or e-mail me.
Since the local people who found the horse have graciously refused the
reward, we have decided that the money should nevertheless be collected and
used to good advantage.  Ideas being tossed around are donating it to a local
charity of the rescuers’ choice. or to a trail’s organization. When Brian
returns, we will ask his opinion also and, when a final decision is made, a
report will be sent to ridecamp. Brian will be notified of the names of the
donors, but there will be no breakdown of who gave how much.

Mike Maul, another Quicksilver member, deserves the credit for being the
contact person between the search and rescue in Manitoba and the folks at
home who cared about Brian and Goofy. We are happy their  nightmare is
finally over.    Julie Suhr

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-