RE:helments and safety

Okay enuff is enuff here! I was in a bike wreck and I had a crack in my
motercycle helment, I was also wearing motercycle chaps and jacket.
Both chaps and jacket were shredded beyond repair and the jeans I was
wearing were ripped from hem to waist along the side.I was a pasenger and
wellll needless to say bike went on side out comes foot off comes Carla.
Bike helment saved me even though it was cracked and you could see light
thru it, it saved me. Now the other big one, picture being wide open with
horse in a open field and you have ridden this field a gazzilion times...
yep horse goes end over end my head hits a rock (where the hell did that
rock come from anyways) the helment well hit in the correct way will break
but it still saved my head. There is nothing more safe than a helment. But
like most folks yes I have been negligent to wear it even after I have had
accidents. Qhat rolled through my mind when my husband took his fall at
Bankhead.... Why the heck didn't I get him a helment? fortunately my Soul
mate didn't fall badly the horse just stumbled and didn't recover and hubby
bailed.
So guess who is going to go get a brand new helment to wear??? Yep you
guessed it!!!
  As far as breast collars and crupers... If a ride manager reccomends you
or horse wearing pads or the such come prepared or quit yapping your gums!!
you were warned!! I heard so many gripes over "if I had known there were so
many rocks I would have never come." *G* Maybe ride managers when sending
out the paper work should enclose an actual rock from the ride itself. AHHH
that feels so much better now!!!!!
Carla( wondering if hot pink will go with my hunter green pad and hotpink
breastcollar)&
Baru (what the hell is that pink thing on her head?? sheeesh is she
colorblind?? green,pink and black don't go!!!!)