Lack of good Arabs for endurance

I have tendency to feel that we have a real lack of good Arab prospects because of the Arab breeds over emphasis on halter.  It is very out of balance with performance.  As having raised and ridden mostly Quarter Horses for performance horses (including endurance) for the last 30+ years I would not even consider looking at a halter bred Quarter Horse for anything I wanted, so why should have to look at halter bred Arabs (which is the main choice out there).  I really tend to roll my eyes when someone reciting their halter background.  I would like to get some reaction from this comment.  Some of my friends think I'm too hard on Arabs, but my complaint is what has been done to the breed.  I was glad to see some post where some felt the prices for good endurance were going up.  I'm afraid that may the only way the choices improve.  My current endurance horses all are Arab crosses.  Two I bought and one that I'm raising by Doc Thunder Bask out of a Quarter horses mare whose parents were both endurance horses.  Most of the Arabians I like I see at endurance rides, but when you go to look at Arabs for sale they usually don't have the same bone structure, feet, back, etc. to become good endurance and are rarely broke to ride.  If you are wondering why I'm not riding reg. QH's, it is because we didn't bred them with endurance in mind(most are stock horses) and again unfortunately it wouldn't have made them worth more.

Gail (& Shaq)
www.hought.com
hought@humboldt1.com