Re: WHERE WILL ENDURANCE HORSES COME FROM...

OK here it comes from the dissenter again. In our experience, and that
consists of a fair amount of endurance successes over the years, breeding
has not been consistent as conformation.

Our decisions for the horses we have ridden has been first on conformation,
next on attitude and if papers were available then so be it. Secondly, we
have bred excellent endurance mares to excellent endurance stallions and the
results have been very poor endurance horses. Remember the Racing adage,
"breed the best to the best and hope for the best".  Winners do not
predictably produce winners.

Winners if mated with winners enough times will produce, perhaps, a winner
but it is no sure thing.

I have always contended that top endurance horses are the product of a very
good bodily structure with a very good and consistent training/conditioning
program along with a very basic feeding program. Couple that with a mentally
prepared rider and you have a winner. Couple all the perfect equine aspects
with an average rider and you have an also ran middle of the pack finisher!

So, here come the flames,  but I have the proof in past experience.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID