Re: HORSES & ECONOMICS

I agree on all respects.  And it is sad.  MAny breeders of good
endurance horses have gone under not because they didn't raise good
endurance horses, but because they did!  Many show/race horse people who
will pay  a decent price  for a horse do not want the lines we do, so
therefore, do NOT buy endurance-bred horses.  If the endurance people
don't either(and then  suggest that there "aren't any good
endurance-bred lines out there") the breeders will(and have) given up.

It usually takes ONE foal to make believers  out of people as far as the
time, money, care(and lots of good luck) that  goes into turning out a
good three or four year old, ready to start, endurance prospect( that
has not hurt or injured himself somewhere along the line!).  A lot of
friends have told me  "I'll never do THAT again--it's a lot easier to
buy one that's ready to go".

I know everyone looks for a "bargain" but it is amazing to me that  the
most consideration and cost isn"t put into the horse you're going to
ride,( hopefully for many years), instead of  truck, trailer, tack, and
clothes that a lot of riders deem" necessary"  before they've even
completed a few fifty milers!

YES I know this isn't everyone!!
So--hold your fire and think about this--just a little--
THANKS!  Maureen