Re: Rescue horses

Like I said Linda, I am not arguing with the merit of rescue, I am just
pointing out that those prices (and auction prices) undercut other
prices.  It's not as if there are only a few rescue and auction horses
available - wow, just look at the ridecamp posts recently.  These horses
on the market make a big impact.  Thus the economic feasibility of
breeding for endurance does not look good to me for the future.  It may
be that no one else cares or agrees that it might not happen for a long
time (or ever) that we develop "super endurance type" bloodlines, like
there are bloodlines that are really great for cutting horses, flat
track horses, steeplechasers, whatever.  But I don't see how that would
come about by not breeding for that, and there's no incentive now to
breed for it.

I can't contribute one reasonable idea of how to fix this, or even if
it's something that needs fixing.  However it does upset  me.  Lif

--

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com