Re: buying a horse

---Marie M McRae <mmmcrae@juno.com> wrote:

> I think Jack has hit upon something here! :o))
> Thats how most of my horse buying goes  -  9/10ths emotion and 1/10th
> commonsense.

I've bought very few horses in my life although I've ridden horses my
entire life.  The first horse I bought was a 2 year old Arab.  The
owners were feeding the herd and "Nergie" left his grain, walked up to
me, and licked my face.

The next horse I bought was purchased 2 days after Nergie died (6
years later).  Talk about emotions!

The one constant in my purchases have been that emotional impact.  If
I'm going to spend time with a horse on the trail, I want us to at
least like each other.

Susan Young
Muskogee, OK