Re:cuts and such

From: Dru Montemayor
Email: elfs@c2i2.com

Hi Maggie,
  Two years ago  during  Cobre Ridge, Buddy and I had a horrendous
wreck which took off a palm-sized
chunck of flesh off of one knee and
a small hunk out of the other. We
were very fortunate there was just superficial damage, it just looked real bad. There wasn't anything to stitch up, so the vet wrapped it real well. My main tool for recovery was twice a day hydotherapy with the hose. It did
much for the heat and swelling. And he was turned out on a ten acre pasture 24/7. I aslo used the ABC
product, but alternated later with wound dust to help prevent proud flesh. All he has now is a pencil-thin
scar which I occaisionally put some
grease on to keep it flexable and thank goodness he was never lame during the whole thing. It's gross, but make sure you take the scabs off when they soften with the cold water and reapply the ointment daily. This prevents proudflesh from forming. If the tissue begins to look puffy, alternate with wound dust. Good luck !