Horse Falling Down

From: Patty
Email: bluwater@ctaz.com

Please respond, my 2,000 mile, 9yr. old gelding has fallen twice with me in the last six weeks!  I have used the same shoer for four years. My gelding is endurance bred and very agile.  I am worried that something is not right.  I have time to investigate while I recoup from cracked ribs.  Should I be concerned with EPM?

The first fall occured the end of November during a ride on nice footing and I thoght it was just a freak accident.  This past Monday we were doing a slow trot headed back in after an easy two hour ride and again in nice footing he just crashed.  He scraped up his right side just like he did during the first fall.  I have been riding for 22 yrs. and I do not believe this is normal.  Please let me know your thoughts.
Worried,
Patty