Re: Nutrition ????(Your Ponies)

In a message dated 1/21/99 1:34:14 PM EST, epicarab@micron.net writes:

<< s she on Thyro-L?  It can help to control their weight. >>
Tina: yes she is on Thyro-L, has been since she was diagnosed at 7 yrs old.  I
have never had a problem with fertility either.  I've read that these mares
often are sub-fertile.  this pony is always the first to concieve, her last
foal was born Dec 22 !  I'm going to try the nutrition site at www.
doublejoy.com to figure out if she is getting enough of the good stuff for
late pregnancy.  BTW, this mare doesn't loose weight while nursing, still on
only about 1/2 cup grain. (I use a kitchen measuring cup) so this is really
1/2 cup.  I guess my ???is if she is getting enough of the vit/min, charbos,
energy, etc to meet her needs plus grow a healthy foal.  She has in the past,
don't really know why I'm more worried now except that we had cows loose
calves this year because of being too fat.
Thanks for the ???
Leigh