Re: Nutrition ????

In a message dated 1/21/99 2:03:11 PM EST, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Leigh, why mess with success?  Sounds to me like she's fat and happy and
 produces healthy foals on what you're currently giving her---so keep giving
 it to her.  It looks like a good diet to me.

 Good luck with her!

Susan: I was hoping to hear from you, I've grown to respect your opinions.
You basically said what my vets have told me.  She is healthy and has produced
two other healthy foals  in '96 and early '98, now due to foal April 1, '99.
She has not had any fertility problems either, always conceives on first try,
very early sometimes.  I am worrried about her weight, I increased her Thyro-L
several months ago in an effort to reduce her some, didn't work.  We had some
cows have serious problems calving because they were too fat, so I'm paranoid
about that too.  This pony is 11.3H and weights about 600-700 lbs, I'm
guessing at the weight, but rain doesn't roll off her back!  It puddles!
Anyway, thanks alot.
Leigh